Go big or go home. That phrase seems to describe Mickey Thompson’s latest product update, unveiled at SEMA 2022. Launching new offerings in the Baja Boss M/T line of tires, Mickey Thompson has gone big. How big? Well, join Off Road Extreme as we take a closer look at what might be the next tire for your rig.
The Baja Boss M/T is Mickey Thompson’s premium extreme mud-terrain tire. With five podiums in Ultra4 4800 class this year, this tire line has been a competition-proven success. Here’s what goes into every Mickey Thompson M/T.
- Asymmetrical tread pattern reduces noise, improves handling and ride
- Extra large four-pitch Sidebiters for unparalleled off-road traction
- Powerply XD adds a 50-percent heavier denier cord to the angled third ply providing better puncture resistance, quicker steering response, and greater stability
- Stone ejector ribs prevent gravel from being wedged into tread grooves
- Silica-reinforced compound for better wear, cut and chip resistance, improved wet handling and braking
- Sizes from 15- to 24-inch wheel diameters for a variety of leveled and lifted vehicles
- Several sizes with increased load-carrying capacity, including load range F
- Select flotation sizes with reduced loads for lighter-duty pickups, SUVs, and Jeeps®
Mickey Thompson’s New 42- And 44-inch Radial Tires Are The Boss!
So why are we talking about a tire line that debuted in 2019? Because running 42-inch tires is becoming very obtainable with off-the-shelf parts on many newer rigs and Mickey Thompson has stepped up to accommodate just that. Available in the near future they will have two options in the 42-inch size, the 42×13.50R17 and 42×13.50R20. Not big enough? No worries, a third new size, 44×13.50R20 is also on the way for those of you looking to shove as much rubber under your rig as possible.
Need Help To Find The Perfect Tires For Your Application?
And don’t worry, if you’re not sure what tire and fitment size will work for you. Ben Anderson, of Mickey Thompson, let us know “Being a smaller company, we have an excellent tech support team that’s available to you five days a week. Just call or email us.” Also, check out How To Select The Right Tires For Your Tow Vehicle for some more tips.
If you’re saying that’s great but I don’t need a DOT tire for my rig, Mickey Thompson has you covered too. The Baja Boss X is a sticky tire that offers four-ply toughness and outstanding traction. “These are a showcase of our latest offroad technology,” Ben explains to us about the race lineup of tires. “Working with race teams we tweak these tires based on their feedback, for instance going into 2023 the compound will be updated slightly for more cut and chip resistance.”
For more info on The Baja Boss line or any of their other offerings visit www.mickeythompsontires.com