BD Diesel Performance wants to make sure every truck, every engine, and every driver is taken care of with quality parts and in recent news, their Screamer series turbochargers for the 2013-2018 6.7-Liter Cummins trucks were given a CARB EO number (D-553-5) proving its compliance with on-road regulations.
“We put a lot of time into getting the right wheel design for these turbos. A lot of dyno and road time with vigorous emissions testing” said Brian Roth, Owner of BD Diesel Performance. ” They are equipped with new Holset controllers, compressor and turbine housings, nozzle rings, and bearing housings.” As someone with one of these units, I can assure you that this unit can do it all.
“Response to stock and enhanced fueling through the ECM and controlling the nozzle for best performance in your conditions is what this turbo can do. On top of that, you’re still keeping your always useful exhaust brake.”
The BD Screamer Turbos are a drop-in, like-stock installation unit that is perfect for anyone looking for an upgraded turbo with benefits that but behaves like stock. The larger Ballistic Billet compressor wheel and their new exclusive Low MOI QST turbine wheel result in reduced back pressure, quicker response, increased efficiency, and increased turbine flow compared to others.
- CARB EO No D-553-5
- Drops in to the stock location
- Can support modifications up to 690HP
- Ballistic Billet 64.5mm 7+7 blade compressor wheel and Low MOI QST 70mm 12 blade turbine wheel
- The QST Turbine wheel as a 15% reduction in MOI (moment of inertia) which results in quicker turbo response
- QST turbine Blade thickness decreased by 25% allowing for higher turbine gas flow and increased efficiency
- Each actuator is calibrated and tested prior to shipping
- VSR high speed balanced
If you’re interested in setting your RAM up with one of the hottest turbos available on the market, head on over to the BD Diesel Performance website here. They are competitively priced at $2,995 in US dollars, and $4,223 in CAD. For more part reviews, event coverage, and truck features, stay tuned right here to Diesel Army.