Hot off the press on this fine June afternoon is the news out of the Industrial Injection camp. They’ve added another item to their list of upgrades for all trucks and it’s the 2003-2007 5.9-Liter Cummins Quick-Spool Compound Kit. I am unsure if you guys are familiar with compounds or not, but realistically, compounds are a great upgrade.
When people hear “compound turbos”, they often associate this with huge horsepower and performance-based builds. To be honest, I was there at one time but since then I’ve realized that compounds are a great addition to really any build. You can build a set of compounds to your choosing based on your needs or you can take the guesswork out and run with this Quick-Spool kit here.
- Perfect fit turbo kit comes with everything needed to install
- New A/C line & dipstick tube (no more bending!)
- Ceramic coated & heat wrapped hot pipe
- Cold pipes and compressor housings are powder coated high gloss black
- Turbo sizes: Manifold is a PhatShaft 62/65/12 and the Atmosphere turbo is a 75/96/1.32
- High flow 5-inch intake with S&B oiled filter
- Firewall heat shield with II Diesel logo
- A suggested upgrade would be a two-piece exhaust manifold.
- Lowers EGTs
- Capable of 850hp with fueling upgrades.
- Easier Installation
- Improved Flow Characteristics
For more information about the Quick-Spool Compound kit, or to find out what else Industrial Injection offers for your rig, be sure and stop by their website right here. Stay tuned to Diesel Army for the latest in new parts, reviews, truck features, and event coverage. What do you think about compound turbos? Let us know in the comments below.