As we’ve said before, no hard feelings. It’s just business. This feels almost nostalgic thinking about the special edition Ford trucks that were covered with Harley Davidson trim but those days are over. Well, at least for Ford they are. This relationship started int he 2000’s and has even gone into 2019 but they have branched off into something new.
The iconic motorcycle marque is breaking through and finding itself on a fancy new version of the GMC Sierra. Like the F-150, the special-edition GMC truck will be developed by the Tuscany Motor Co., which has been the specialty truck builder for more than three decades. That Elkhart, Indiana based company focuses on GMC, Chevrolet, and Ford trucks and can build them to order or build already-built vehicles.
What Are The Changes?
The front grille features a famous “Bar & Shield” from the Harley Davidson logo and there is also a functioning RAM hood. Also, the Sierra will include an LED light bar in the front bumper out of the box. Doesn’t seem like much? These small but impactful changes are on a list with 63 other things that have changed on these trucks to make them special.
A closer peek at the side shot of these trucks reveals fender flares and 22-inch milled aluminum wheels that are similar to the previously built F-150’s. This truck takes inspiration from the iconic Fat Boy motorcycle which is where these aesthetics come in. Between the flares, the wheels, and the illuminated and electronically deployable running boards, this thing is off to a great start.
Whereas before it was just two exhaust tips, now you’re getting twin, solid-aluminum exhaust tips that are fitted into a redesigned bumper. Also, each truck will be trimmed with a custom tonneau cover that is color-matched with the body and will boast the Harley Davidson Bar & Shield badge.
The interior has been subjected to quite a few changes as there’s HD branding just about everywhere you look. There’s also a custom leather upholstery and a badge on the center console denoting this isn’t a run-of-the-mill Sierra.
There will only be 250 made in Onyx Black, Summit White, or Satin Steel Metallic. The upgraded Sierra will start reaching select GMC dealers next month and will cost you $94,995. This does come with a three-year / 36,000-mile warranty.
Standard Exterior Features
- 22-INCH HARLEY-DAVIDSON BRANDED FATBOY® STYLE MILLED ALUMINUM WHEELS
- 35×12.5R22 ALL-TERRAIN TIRES
- BDS SUSPENSION DESIGNED FOR THE HARLEY-DAVIDSON TRUCK W/ EXCLUSIVELY TUNED “FOX” PERFORMANCE SHOCKS AND LATERAL STABILITY BARS
- SPEEDOMETER RECALIBRATED
- FRONT END ALIGNMENT
- TIRE SENSORS RECALIBRATED
- EXCLUSIVE POWER RUNNING BOARDS W/ ROCK GUARD TRIM AND ENTRY LIGHTS
- COLOR MATCHED HARLEY-DAVIDSON DESIGNED FENDER FLARES
- CUSTOM DESIGNED FRONT FENDER VENTS W/ BAR & SHIELD LOGO
- “HARLEY-DAVIDSON” DOOR BADGING
- HARLEY-DAVIDSON FRONT BUMPER REDESIGN W/ ACCENT COLOR SKID PLATE AND INTEGRATED LED LIGHT BAR (LED LIGHTS FOR OFF-ROAD USE ONLY)
- FULL REPLACEMENT GRILLE ASSEMBLY W/ BAR & SHIELD MESH AND “HARLEY-DAVIDSON” BADGING
- HARLEY-DAVIDSON ORANGE TOW HOOKS
- HARLEY-DAVIDSON DESIGNED INDUCTION STYLE HOOD
- “HARLEY-DAVIDSON” WINDSHIELD HEADER
- COLOR MATCHED REAR BUMPER REDESIGN
- PERFORMANCE TUNED EXHAUST W/ DUEL BILLET TIPS & ORANGE ACCENTS
- “HARLEY-DAVIDSON” BRANDED TAILGATE CLADDING
- TONNEAU COVER W/ DEBOSSED BAR & SHIELD LOGO AND CARPET LINER
- HARLEY-DAVIDSON BRANDED BED RUG (FLOOR MAT ONLY)
- 3 YEAR / 36,000 MILE WARRANTY
Standard Interior Features
- CUSTOM LEATHER SEATING W/ ORANGE DIAMOND PATTERN EMBROIDERY W/ “HARLEY-DAVIDSON” BADGING
- PIANO BLACK ACCENTED DOOR PANELS, CONSOLE, & DASH TRIM
- REDESIGNED CENTER CONSOLE W/ HARLEY-DAVIDSON EMBLEM AND OFFICIAL NUMBERED HARLEY-DAVIDSON CONSOLE BADGE
- HARLEY-DAVIDSON BAR & SHIELD LOGO CARPET FLOOR MATS
- HARLEY-DAVIDSON BRANDED DOOR SILL INSERTS
- HARLEY-DAVIDSON STAINLESS STEEL GAUGES W/ BACK-LIGHTING
- HARLEY-DAVIDSON BILLET PEDALS W/ BAR AND SHIELD LOGO
- DEEP TINTED WINDOWS (50 STATE).
Now, what we all want to know, what engine packages are there? Can we get this with the 6.6-Liter Duramax or even the 3.0-Liter? They can’t keep us from knowing this for long. Great news. Coming up in Scottsdale, Arizona at the Barrett Jackson Auction, we will be getting even more information about these trucks where they will get their official public debut. So stay tuned as we will have even more information coming soon.