For many truck enthusiasts, this might not come as a surprise, but once again, Car and Driver has named Ram HD as an Editor’s Choice for 2023. According to a press release from Ram, this is the fourth straight year Ram HD has made the list.
“Stellantis wins eight of Car and Driver’s Editors’ Choice Awards, highlighting the company’s best products,” says Tony Quiroga, Car and Driver editor-in-chief. “Ram’s full-size pickups are ideal for work or for leisure, and take three spots on our list.”
The Ram Heavy Duty is the no-compromise benchmark for durability, extreme performance, comfort, luxury materials, innovation, and technology, extending well past any competitive offerings. The most powerful, most capable pickup in the segment offers a towing capacity of up to 37,090 pounds and a payload capacity of 7,680 pounds. Ram was the first to achieve the 1,000 lb.-ft. of torque milestone with the Cummins Turbo Diesel, now rated at a best-in-class 1,075 lb.-ft. of torque. Class-leading ride and handling are accomplished via a class-exclusive link-coil rear (2500) suspension system with optional rear air suspension (2500 and 3500). The Ram Heavy Duty relentlessly gives maximum effort with the segment’s most capability, refinement, and operator comfort features.
New for 2023:
An available 12-inch frameless digital gauge cluster features nearly two dozen different menus. The full-color cluster features five reconfigurable tiles for at-a-glance data or quick and easy access to the most used information. Drivers may choose between analog or digital instrumentation. All cluster settings can be saved to a user profile.
A new digital rearview mirror with side camera integration is an available option for 2023. The digital rearview mirror displays video in real-time from a rear-facing camera and can be turned off to revert to a traditional reflective mirror.
Trailer Reverse Steering Control is now available and allows the driver to enter a few measurements before the camera tracks the trailer position to back up and guide the trailer. Simply rotate the dial left or right in the direction you want the trailer to go while the system controls the steering wheel.
New Mopar sport performance hood available on Laramie and Limited
Next-generation trailer tow mirrors with telescoping capability are now available across the lineup.
2023 Ram Heavy Duty models benefit from camera system enhancements, including the new Trailer Tow pages app, multiple view modes, behind-trailer view, and blind-spot view.
- The most powerful, most capable pickup in the segment:
- Towing – Up to a best-in-class 37,090 pounds with Ram 3500
- Towing – Up to 20,000 pounds with Ram 2500
- Payload – Up to 7,680 pounds with Ram 3500
- Power – 1,075 lb.-ft. of torque with a 6.7-liter Cummins engine
- The Ram 2500 offers two segment-exclusive rear suspensions: a five-link coil system and an air suspension system. The Ram 3500 continues to utilize the rear Hotchkiss leaf spring system and offers an exclusive supplemental air suspension system
- Industry’s leading infotainment system — Uconnect 5 with 12-inch touchscreen
- Diesel-Engine Options Include:
- 6.7-liter Cummins Standard-Output Turbo Diesel produces 370 horsepower and 850 lb.-ft. of torque (Ram 2500 and 3500)
- 6.7-liter Cummins High-Output Turbo Diesel produces 420 horsepower and 1,075 lb.-ft. of torque (Ram 3500)
- Configurations in 4×2 and 4×4:
- Regular Cab 8-foot bed
- Crew Cab 6-foot, 4-inch bed
- Crew Cab 8-foot bed
- Mega Cab 6-foot, 4-inch bed (4×4 only)
- Model Lineup
- The Ram Heavy Duty line is available in six trim levels:
- Big Horn/Lone Star
- Power Wagon
- Limited Longhorn
Available Exterior Colors
- Delmonico Red Pearl
- Flame Red
- Hydro Blue
- Granite Crystal Metallic
- Billet Silver Metallic
- Diamond Black Crystal Pearl
- Bright White
- Olive Green
- Patriot Blue Pearl
- Pearl White
- Diamond Black Crystal Pearl (Power Wagon)
- RV Match Walnut Brown Metallic (Limited Longhorn)