Looking into industry news, our friends over at Edge Products hit us up with the latest news out of Utah and that is their support for the late-model Cummins-powered Rams and the L5p Duramax-powered GM trucks. Whether you’re into RAM’s or GM, you’re covered no matter what. So what is available and what can you expect? Let’s dig in.
Starting with the 6.6-Liter Duramax trucks from 2017-2019, also known as the L5P models, The Pulsar + Insight CTS2 Kit’s are now available. With this combination, you will witness the many features and benefits these items have to offer. This includes up to 90-horsepower, 156-lb/ft of torque, On-the-fly tuning, and built-in throttle sensitivity control for better throttle response.
The Pulsar unlocks the hiding potential these trucks have out of the box and with that extra power, you need some reassurance that all of your trucks parameters are in check. With the Insight CTS2, you have virtually everything that is readable now.
- EGT backdown
- High-idle user settings to adjust RPM during idle (range 700-1100 rpm)
- Transmission slip back down
- Cold engine protection backdown
- Gear change backdown
- Provides the ability to recalibrate the speedometer for wheel/tire changes (range 29”-50”)
- Turbo timer
- Axle gear ratio adjustments
- TPMS pressure adjustments
- Transmission relearn feature for new power levels
- Display injector balance rates
- Update for Pulsar is managed directly through the Insight instead of requiring a laptop
*Features are only available when Insight CTS2 and Pulsar are used together
The Pulsar is the most innovative performance in-line tuner to ever hit the market. The Pulsar in-line module has made waves among truck owners. Now kit that with the industry-leading Insight CTS2 monitor for advanced features and safety back downs.
The Insight allows you to adjust the power levels any time with or without the cruise control on, set user adjusted back downs for safety, set a turbo timer for proper cool-down period and more. The L5P Pulsar plus Insight Kit gives superior performance with complete control.
Late-Model Cummins RAM Support
Moving on, the RAM is getting some love too. The 2019 Ram 2500/3500’s with the updated 6.7-Liter now can be monitored via the CS2 and CTS2 monitors. Edge’s leading monitor offers the same as above, some of the best monitoring, data logging, and testing of your new truck. You can observe and understand vehicle parameters using their state-of-the-art technology.
- Over 50 parameters to monitor
- Display correct speed on display after entering aftermarket tire size
- Read stock EGT sensors without any drilling into the manifold or exhaust
- Read and clear trouble codes
- Performance test
- EAS expandable for additional sensors and power switches
The Insight is one of the most popular digital gauge monitors in the market today. It is used by daily drivers and enthusiasts everywhere. It is an instantaneous and inexpensive alternative to bulky, analog gauges that would otherwise cost hundreds of dollars and take hours to install. This is the perfect tool for those who want to monitor their vehicle’s performance and prefer not to program their vehicle, or for those who already have significant performance upgrades and want to safely monitor their vehicle’s performance.
For more information about how to get your own Edge Products monitors and upgrades, be sure and check out their website here. Stay tuned to Diesel Army for the latest industry news and event coverage.