Whether you like it or not, some truck owners like street tires on their truck. If that is you, great. If that isn’t you, you probably like the smaller wheel and bigger tire option. Both have their own separate looks and both have their pros and cons. But today, we’re highlighting the Nitto brand and their newest addition to the SUV/Truck line, the NT420V.
The NT420V is a recreation of the infamous Nitto 420S. The 420S, although not rated for our big heavy trucks, basically took over the truck world and anything and everything ran them. They were inexpensive to buy, easy to find, and they looked great. As a matter of fact, at one time, we used them on Project DeadSpool to race with and the on-track performance was extremely well.
The 420V tire is designed as the perfect complement to the aesthetics of your vehicle. It is available in many popular OE and plus-sizes including LT metric sizes for our 3/4 to 1-ton pickup trucks. Like their successor, the 420V has a very eye-catching asymmetrical tread pattern that creates two distinct zones for both dry handling and wet performance, while also enabling cross rotation for longer tread life.
The result in this design is a great looking, high-performance, an attnetion-grabbing tire that is a great choice all year round.
Features And Benefits
- Large outer tread blocks increase the amount of road contact surface area, improving cornering grip and performance in dry conditions.
- The tread’s non-directional design allows for cross rotation for more even wear and longer tread life.
- Asymmetric sipe and groove count combined with a variable pitch tread block design work together to reduce annoying noise frequency peaks.
- Two wide circumferential grooves channel water away from the tread blocks, while the high number of inner lateral grooves provide biting edges for wet traction.
- NT420V in LT-metric sizes are constructed to handle heavier ¾ to 1-ton trucks like heavy-duty diesel trucks.
After seeing how popular the Nitto NT420S became, how well it performed in both wet and dry street conditions, and how long they lasted, we cannot wait to see how the NT420V will do. The guys at Nitto know what they are doing and if its anything like the S, these tires are the future of SUV and truck tire performance. Stay tuned to Diesel Army for the full review on the NT420V.